Yes to more muffins! I love muffins. Always have and dammit I'm not ashamed! I love these because they are light and lemony and I used alternative flours that provide tons of protein and fiber. They are gluten free and can be made vegan if you so desire. Nothing to feel guilty about here! Have them for breakfast or a post work out snack.
2 cups almond meal/flour
½ cup coconut flour
1½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
⅔ cup honey
½ cup greek yogurt
3 eggs, beaten OR 3 Tbsp of flaxseed meal in 7.5 Tbsp of water (let rest for 5 mins)
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp vanilla extract
lemon zest from 2 lemons
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond meal/flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl (I use a stand-mixer bowl), add the coconut oil and honey. Using a mixer (if using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment) or a wood spoon, mix together the oil and honey. Add the yogurt and continue to beat until combined and smooth.
- Add the beaten eggs (or flax mixture), lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. Fold in the poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring together.
- Scoop into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes